Past Photos Portfoilo

This is mostly a collection of different photos I've taken for previous photography classes in high school and community college, along with a couple random photos I thought were visually appealing.

The Cinderella Castle lit up at night at Walt Disney World.

Back in December of 2019, my parents took me on a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida as a very belated High School Graduation present. That trip was incredible and one of the greatest moments of my life, where I felt like I was transitioning from my childhood into adulthood. Of course, being Walt Disney World, it had many spectacular sights to see, one of which being Cinderella's Castle. I believe it was actually my parents that persuaded me to take this beautiful picture of the castle lit up against the evening sky, marking the near end to my first day of Disney magic.


A very low-angle shot of the Clock Tower in Spokane.
 
This was one of the many photos I took while on a trip to Riverfront Park for my sophomore high school photography class, which was a great opportunity to see the park in a way I'd never really seen before. I wanted to focus on perspective for this photo, so I stood as close to the Clock Tower as I could for this photo. I was also learning Photoshop at the time and actually stretched out the building in PS to further mess with the perspective, which I think gave a pretty interesting effect.


A peek at construction being done at North Central High School.
 
This was also a photo for my high school photography class - this time taken on site at North Central. This is what I would definitely consider my "awkward" stage of my photography. I was just learning how to take photos, only knew the basics of composition, experimented way too much with Lightroom, and pretty much had no idea what made an interesting subject. This, however, is what I'd consider one of my better early photos. I think it shows an interesting subject with plenty of detail, all framed nicely from a small crack in the temporary wooden walls they had around the school at that time.


A man sitting alone near the Spokane Convention Center near a river.
 
This was a rather interesting assignment we were given in high school, as we had to take a photo of smoke from some incense in front of a black background. If I recall, I believe I took three different exposures of the smoke and layered them on top of each other in post-production. Not much else to say except for the interesting abstract look this photo gives off.
 
 
A man sitting alone near the Spokane Convention Center near a river.

Here's another photo from our trip to Riverfront Park. As we were on our way to the Convention Center, I couldn't help but notice a lone man sitting on the steps nearby. He looked fairly decrepit along with the scenery, so I wanted to emphasize that when I put the photo through Lightroom. I was still nervous about taking photos of strangers (still kinda am now), so I took this photo rather quickly hoping the man wouldn't notice me.
 

A dilapidated scene from the Pavilion before its renovation.
 
Another Riverfront Park picture. This was an interesting experience, as we walked through the Pavilion before its recent renovation, and boy did it look like it. I remembered coming here during fairs as a kid when they brought in a bunch of amusement rides in the Pavilion. To see it so worn down was disheartening, probably because I wasn't aware they were renovating it soon. I believe de-saturating the colors really sold the worn-down look in particular here.
 

My neighborhood during a very foggy autumn morning.
 
This was a very in-the-moment picture, as this was taken on my way to the school bus one morning. It was an unusually foggy morning, almost looking like an early evening. It reminded me of a famous horror game, Silent Hill, so I felt the urge to pull out my phone, snap a picture and send it to my friend, who also shared in my sentiments.
 

A scene of some toy cars about to crash.
 
This is a more recent photo, taken for my Photo 126 class. The assignment I was given was called "Miniature World", where we had to take photos of small items to make them seem larger. Immediately I thought of setting up a race scene of toy cars crashing into each other. Thankfully my dad has a big collection of old Hot Wheels cars, so I set up the cars in our driveway and laid on my stomach to get this angle (which wasn't very pleasant, as the ground was quite moist from rain earlier in the day).


Comments

Popular Posts